Sunday 18 March 2018 - This meeting has had to be postponed to a later date.
This will be held at Sydney Hewison's property Rocky Knob south of Kingaroy
Everyone is welcome.
Gather from 10.00 am for a cuppa and chat
Meeting to commence at 10.00 AM
Lunch from 12.00 to 1.00 PM
After lunch, Sydney will demonstrate handling a young donkey. Sam is 12 months old and has recently been gelded. Sydney will demonstrate teaching Sam to tie up, to lead and to have his hooves picked up.
Please bring your own lunch, a chair, hat and sunscreen.
1. Follow the Brisbane Valley Highway though Esk and Toogoolawah.
2. At the T junction with the D'aguilar Highway, 16 km north of Toogoolawah, turn left.
3. Travel 44.5 km, turn left onto Berlins Road.
4. Travel for 10.5 km, turn left again onto the Nanango-Tarong Road.
5. Travel 5.5 km, turn right onto the Kingaroy-Cooyar Road.
6. Follow this road for approximately 17 km.
7. Turn left into Weeks Road. Syd's place is almost at the end of Weeks Road, on the right. The address is 19 Weeks Road. The property name is Rocky Knob. There are boulders out the front to illustrate this.
1. Follow the New England Highway north through Crows Nest.
2. Approximately 44 km beyond Crows Nest, turn left on to the Kingaroy-Cooyar Road. Follow directions from point 6 above.
Travel time in both instances is approximately two hours one way.
If you need help with directions, please call Sydney Hewison on 0429 954 761
Animal Aid Abroad sponsored donkeys in Afghanistan